9 May, 2020
Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille
Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille. Many of my crock pot recipes involve more than just "dump and go." I have found you will get more flavor in the recipe if you brown the meat first, then deglaze the pan and use that liquid. This recipe, however, is genuinely a dump, set-it-and-forget-it meal and it turns out perfectly. In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Server over rice or eat it as is. This is a low calorie and fairly low carb dinner that you can easily make any night of the week. You might also like this slow cooker creamy chicken and spinach recipe! You can have Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs (or you can use boneless chicken).
- Prepare 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dry basil leaves.
- It’s 1 can of Chick Peas (garbanzos,undrained).
- It’s 1 of large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- It’s 3 of zucchini, cut into coins.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of parsley Flakes.
- It’s of Fresh garlic, minced (5-6).
- You need of Salt.
Layer half the vegetables in a large crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes. Next sprinkle half the basil, oregano, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper on the veggies. Ratatouille Baked Chicken takes a classic French dish and turns it into a family-friendly comfort food dish loaded with veggies. Ratatouille Baked Chicken This one pot baked chicken and vegetable dish is a great way to utilize eggplants now that they are in your garden or at farmers' markets.
Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille instructions
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes, then place into a colander with a bowl underneath to catch drippings and generously apply salt to your cubed eggplant, let sit out with the salt for about 30 min.(this will extract the xtra moisture that’s in the eggplant)……
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot……..
- Cut up your zucchini, onion, green pepper, and mince your garlic, rinse off the salt from your eggplant and drain well, and place all veggies into crockpot, including can of undrained chick peas……
- Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and veggies in crockpot, then sprinkle your remaining ingredients over all…..
- Stir gently, cover and cook on low for 8 hours……
- Eat and enjoy with white rice or by itself 🍛!!!! 😋.
Rinse and drain well; blot dry with paper towels. Layer half the vegetables in a large crock pot in the following order: onion, eggplant, zucchini, garlic, green peppers, tomatoes. Next sprinkle half the basil, oregano, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper on the veggies. In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Serve hot, room temperature or chilled.