26 February, 2020
Recipe: Tasty Crockpot Dressing
Crockpot Dressing. To make the slow cooker stuffing in the oven, prepare as directed using the full amount of broth. Larger slow cookers will also work. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute celery and onion until tender.
Condensed soup makes the cornbread incredibly moist and the soup adds extra flavor. This is absolutely the best dressing I have ever had and so simple to make. Put it in the crock pot and forget it. You can cook Crockpot Dressing using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Dressing
- It’s 2 boxes of your favorite dressing.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. When melted, add celery, onion, and herbs. Free up some oven space this Thanksgiving and make a classic cornbread dressing in your slow cooker. On Thanksgiving morning, simply mix your ingredients, put them in the slow cooker, and let it do the work for you.
Crockpot Dressing step by step
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients mix.
- This does not take long to cook at all, on high my crockpot had it done in 30- 45 mins ( this was done in my big crockpot because my smaller one was being used, this can be done in a 4 qt. For a more wet Sticky dressing add more chicken stock 1/2 cup, or so. Can Substitute cream of Mushroom for cream of celery or cream of chicken.
You could also make it a day ahead and simply reheat on low in the slow cooker, or even freeze it further in advance. Aside from the turkey, the dressing (or stuffing, if you. Spread the rest of the cream of chicken soup over top. If stuffing is done before your meal is ready it can remain on warm. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.