2 October, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Potato Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter.
The Cooking Mom Amy Hanten shows us how to make her potato soup that is so easy to make. Put the ingredients in the slow cooker, turn it on, and go! Click here for Amy's slow cooker secrets. You can cook Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- You need 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- You need 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- It’s of For the rue:.
- Prepare 4 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- It’s 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- Prepare of Optional toppings:.
- You need of Diced bacon.
- It’s of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions.
Click here for Amy's Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup recipe. This delicious soup is easy to make (hello, slow cooker!) and is filled with flavor. Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup is a "keeper" according to many and makes a great weeknight meal. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Your house will smell amazing with this Crock-Pot potato soup. The slow cooker makes this meal super-easy: Just dice a few fresh ingredients, pop 'em into the Crock-Pot, and wait for the magic to happen. . . It's literally comfort in a bowl.