6 October, 2020
Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce
Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce. Pat the pork butt dry with paper towels. Trim off excess fat, where possible. Rub spice mixture over pork butt.
Transfer meat into the slow cooker. Pour apple juice, water, and add the bay leaf. Place the sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. You can have Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 11/4 Tsp of Kosher Salt, divided.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Course ground black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Pork Shoulder (original recipe called for bone in).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Molasses.
- You need 2 Tsp of Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Peach Preserves.
- It’s 1/2 of Diced White Onion.
- It’s 5 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Bourbon Whiskey.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Cold Water.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Corn Starch.
Pat the pork dry and put it on top of the onions. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork. Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl and pour it over the pork. Pour the mixture over the pork in the slow cooker, then top with the onion and the garlic.
Slow Cooker Pork with Peach BBQ Sauce step by step
- In a well ventillated kitchen, or on your grill on your balcony, braise the pork 2.5 Minutes on each side, in a large cast iron or stainless steel pan coated with Pam or Canola oil, and put the pork shoulder in the crock pot, and turn it on low..
- In a non reactive bowl, mix the chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, Molasses and Soy Sauce. Pour it into the pan you cooked the pork roast in, bringing it nearly to a boil. Use a whisk to deglaze the pan for about 10 Minutes. Pour the mixture back into the non reactive bowl, and transfer it (pour it over the pork shoulder in the slow cooker)..
- Sprinkle the diced white onions over the Pork Shoulder, along with the minced Garlic. Using a spoon, spread the peach preserves over the top of the Pork Shoulder. Cook the Pork Shoulder on Medium for 1.5 – 2 hours, then you can shift the temperature back to low, and cook it on low for 3.5 hours or so. Temp the Pork Shoulder, and it should be close to 170 degrees which it's safe to serve at..
- After the Pork Shoulder has slow cooked for 4.5 to 5.5 hours or so, assuming some of the cook time was done at Medium rather than low the entire time. If it cooked at low, I'd suggest cooking at least 6.5 hours, and making sure the meat temperature reaches a safe 170 degrees..
- Drain the juices from the slow cooker pot, strain them into a gravy separator, and let sit for 10 minutes to drain off the fat from the gravy. This should render about 3 cups of liquid. Add the bourbon. Reduce the liquid in a non stick fry pan, keeping it moving and scraping the pan the entire time until it boils off about 2/3 to 1/2 of the 3 cups. Mix 2 tablespoons of cold water with the cornstarch in a small bowl or ramekin, and add it to the reduced juices, to thicken it into a gravy..
- Slice the roast and serve it with garlic baby potatoes, and green beans, with gravy on the side..
Remove the pork from the slow cooker (keep the liquid!), shred it apart using two forks and transfer to a bowl. In a large bowl, stir peaches and syrup together with barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and crushed garlic cloves. Slow cooker pulled pork is one of our staple dinners. It's just so easy to throw it in the slow cooker before work in the morning. I regularly try to mix up the meal with slight variations to keep it from getting boring.