9 May, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker. Grimes Black Beans, peppers, onions, garlic, salsa, chicken broth, and dried herbs and spices are added to a slow cooker then simmered until the vegetables are tender. To finish up, half the soup is blended until thick and creamy then stirred back into the soup with cooked white rice to create a delicious dish that feels stick to your ribs, but is low-fat, crazy-healthy, and gluten-free of. This recipe contains dried black beans, rice, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion and spices.
If you love soup check out these other soup. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature. You can have Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s of Black Bean Soup:.
- Prepare 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need of Rice:.
- It’s 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. Get the complete recipe for Slow Cooker Black Bean and Rice Soup with Lime and Cilantro from Kalyn's Kitchen. Stir together black beans, rice, water, salsa, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper in the slow cooker.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
Stir the beans, aromatics, and water together until just combined. Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is made with dry beans and flavored with a ham hock! Makes for a great budget meal. Black beans aren't used enough in recipes! Whether you make this black bean soup, kielbasa black bean soup or my refried black beans you'll be set!