28 August, 2020
Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot. Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
Serve it on toasted buns with coleslaw, over nachos, on a salad or in a baked potato. Cooking Tips for CrockPot BBQ Chicken. If you have time, make my homemade BBQ sauce recipe to use in this crockpot recipe. You can cook Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- You need 5 of large chicken breasts.
- It’s of Your favorite BBQ sauce.
- You need Pinch of salt & pepper.
- You need Dash of oregano.
- It’s Dash of granulated garlic.
You can mix up the ingredients for the BBQ sauce right in your slow cooker. You don't need to simmer the BBQ sauce on the stove since the flavors will have plenty of time to blend as the BBQ sauce cooks with the chicken in the slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and chicken broth. Stir it into the sauce in the slow cooker.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches instructions
- Add chicken breasts to the crock pot with some salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic for 3 hours..
- Remove liquid. (I store mine in the freezer until a time I need chicken stock!).
- Add your desired BBQ sauce and desired amount. (I used about 1/2 cup on mine. I like my shredded BBQ chicken to be a bit coated in BBQ!).
- Serve up on your favorite hamburger buns with pickles!!! (I served my BBQ chicken sandwiches with homemade coleslaw–see recipe for details!).
Meanwhile, use two forks to shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir. Add additional barbecue sauce if more sauce is needed or. Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches Are The Perfect Party Food! Like I said above, this is a great weeknight dinner, especially when the family has busy schedules and everyone might need to grab dinner on the go.