22 May, 2020
Recipe: Tasty Slow Cooker Lasagna
Slow Cooker Lasagna. Browse Our Site For Different Interesting Slow Cooker Meal Recipes. Start with a skillet and finish with a slow cooker. A saute of onion, garlic and ground beef is simmered with tomato and oregano, then layered in a slow cooker with raw lasagna noodles and a creamy blend of cottage cheese, Parmesan and mozzarella.
Hundreds of home cooks agree that this slow cooker Italian sausage lasagna is the best and easiest way to make lasagna you'll ever try. Just pack the slow-cooker with four layers of sauce, noodles and cheese, then come home to crockpot lasagna four to six hours later. This slow cooker lasagna is a WINNER! You can have Slow Cooker Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Prepare of Meat Sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (29 oz.) of tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes).
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of each dried parsley, dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Cheesy Filling:.
- Prepare 1 container (15 oz.) of Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare Pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need of Other things you need:.
- Prepare 6-8 of lasagna noodles (not oven ready).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
All of the time consuming parts of lasagna-the many dishes and all the prep, are taken away. I love that this recipe doesn't even require you to cook the lasagna noodles before hand. You can use regular lasagna noodles, and then just layer the sauce, noodles and cheese. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
Slow Cooker Lasagna instructions
- Grease your slow cooker well and set aside. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and the beef. Cook and break up the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant, just a minute or so. Then stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar and seasonings. Let this simmer for 5-10 minutes just to let the flavors meld together. Then remove it from the heat and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Set that aside..
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, spread about 1 cup of sauce…more if needed to completely coat the bottom. Place 2-3 of the lasagna noodles over the meat sauce, breaking them up to fit as best you can..
- Place about a third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it all over..
- Repeat this process. I get 3 layers altogether. After the last layer of ricotta mixture, spread over the last of the meat sauce. Top with the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. At this point you could always place the lid on and store it in the fridge until ready to cook..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the noodles are tender. Then scoop it out the best you can and serve immediately..
Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired. The key to making this taste amazing is to use a high quality pasta sauce, the better the sauce, the better the dish! Cheese and spinach filled ravioli (or you can use just cheese ravioli) replace the traditional layers of pasta and ricotta cheese making it super simple to put together and no boiling required. In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Top with remaining noodles (broken to fit), cheese mixture and meat sauce.