11 November, 2019
Recipe: Perfect Crockpot BBQ Meatballs
Crockpot BBQ Meatballs. How to make crockpot BBQ meatballs. Pour grape jelly and BBQ sauce in the bottom of your crockpot. Add in the meatballs and stir until fully coated.
It is such an easy dump and go meal. My house always smells amazing while the meatballs simmer. The bbq sauce gives the meatballs such a delicious flavor and the onion really takes it to the next level. You can have Crockpot BBQ Meatballs using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot BBQ Meatballs
- It’s 3 lb of frozen meatballs (I keep some back for other meals).
- It’s 40 oz of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 14 oz of pineapple chunks *I just use the juice but you can add all.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Even my kiddos that don't care for onions, will eat these. This crockpot BBQ meatballs is a perfect appetizer recipe. It is an easy to prepare dish that your whole family will crave. For those of us who are trying to cook simple, crockpot BBQ meatballs should be one of your go-to recipes.
Crockpot BBQ Meatballs instructions
- First spray cooking spray in crockpot or use liner.
- Put in meatballs and then the rest of the ingredients. Stir so well mixed..
- Put on high for three hours. Put on low for 5 hours or longer..
- Note: If you use homemade meatballs, make sure you sear the meatballs before putting them in the crockpot. Also, if you want an asian version…use just one bottle of grape jelly and half of asian garlic hot sauce. Both versions can be served with mashed potatoes or rice. I throw brocolli in the asian version..
- I mentioned other meals for the frozen meatballs. We like to bake the meatballs in the toaster oven and have them with spaghetti or meatball hoagies..
Now form the beef mixture into meatballs, I use roughly two tablespoons for each meatball. In a pan over high heat, fry the meatballs, so they're lightly browned. Once done, put to the side. In the slow cooker, add the garlic, BBQ sauce, and honey. Next, add the meatballs and coat in the BBQ sauce.