12 November, 2019
Easiest Way to Make Yummy Slow Cooker Applesauce (for freezer storage)
Slow Cooker Applesauce (for freezer storage). In the fridge – Make sure you allow the applesauce to cool fully before storing in an airtight container inside the fridge. You can store homemade applesauce in the fridge for up to a week. In the freezer – Once cooled, transfer your slow cooker applesauce into a freezer space container or bag, making sure to squeeze out any extra air in the bag.
If you prefer smooth apple sauce, run the cooked apples through a food mill. The key is adding a few strips of lemon peel to the apples while cooking. Puree with the apples at the end (note: this is referring to whole cranberries NOT dried cranberries, like craisins). You can cook Slow Cooker Applesauce (for freezer storage) using 2 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Applesauce (for freezer storage)
- It’s 11.288 kg of Red Delicious Apples cored and skin removed.
- You need of Citric acid.
Add to the slow cooker with apples. Slow Cooker Applesauce makes a great snack for kids. Just store it in a covered freezer container until ready for use. For a chunkier Slow Cooker Applesauce, use a potato masher to mash them up when the apples are done cooking.
Slow Cooker Applesauce (for freezer storage) instructions
- Skin and core a bushel of apples.
- Use 3, 8 quart slow cookers on high for 6 hours.
- Coarsely mash apples and combine contents of one slow cookers to the 2 remaining..
- Cook on low for another 4 hours with lid off (to thicken)..
- Turn off heat and let it set overnight..
- Bag in quart to gallon freezer bags. Work to get as much air out of bags as possible..
- For convenience each serving is 100 grams for 53 calories each. More nutrition data below..
Or for a thinner Slow Cooker Applesauce process it in the food. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you want to stock up on applesauce. It's both freezer and canning friendly for long term storage! How to Make in Slow Cooker. Besides apples, you'll also need maple syrup, cinnamon, water and lemon juice.